The Red Chris mine is recruiting a Millwright to compliment the Mill Maintenance team.
This position is for work at the remote Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC, in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. There are a number of designated marshalling points within BC and we strongly encourage applicants from the local communities to apply.
Responsibilities will include installations, inspection and maintenance of the systems and components that are integral to the operation’s mining activities. As well experience in new construction and building erection, with extensive knowledge of rigging and Mobile crane operation.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- BC or Interprovincial trade qualification in Millwrighting, Uncertified Millwrights will be considered for position as well
- Mobile crane ticket and experience in rigging an asset (Rigging ticket preferred)
- Equipment operation experience, including aerial work platform and Tele handler
- Building erection experience
- A minimum of 10 years Industrial/Construction experience
- Experience in mining operations is strongly considered an asset
- Valid driver’s license
- A team player that works well with others
- Strong oral and written communication skills
To view original posting please click on the link: