The Red Chris mine has an opportunity within the Mine Operations Department. This position is for work at the remote Red Chris mine located 80 km south of Dease Lake, BC in Tahltan traditional territory. The successful applicant will be required to work and stay in camp during their shift rotation. We offer a number of designated flight marshalling points within BC. Qualified applicants from local communities are encouraged to apply.
We are accepting applications for a Production Rope Shovel/Hydraulic Face Shovel Operator.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valid driver’s license
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on 2800 & 3600 production shovels.
- Demonstrate effective safety leadership within a team environment and promote environmental awareness in all work or task related duties
- Observe operation of equipment to ensure the safe and efficient operation and to detect malfunctions and notify supervisors of needed repairs and unsafe conditions
- A team player that works well with others
- Able to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
To view original posting, please click on the link: